Fall Maintenance Home Tips for the Fall
Summer has come and gone and the crisp fall weather is here! A well-maintained home is one of the biggest value builders you can do for your property.
Below is a list of some of the main things you should do this fall in preparation for the snow!
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist:
- Clean out your gutters and gutter spouts
- Blow out your sprinklers and drain garden hoses
- Fertilize your lawn
- Cover and put away patio furniture/fire tables
- Drain fuel from gas-powered yard equipment
- Change your furnace filters
- Winterize A/C unit – tarp or cover unit to protect from rust
- Winterize pool
- Make sure drainage and grading are directed away from your house/foundation
- Inspect the exterior of your home – check the condition of the roof, check walls for any cracks, inspect basement windows
- Check weatherstripping on your house and garage doors
- Make sure fireplaces are in good working order
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
Would you like to discuss in person?
If you would like more information on the items discussed in this blog post we would be happy to chat with you to answer any of your questions.